Shermco Training Store
Electrical Safety Refresher
About this course…
This one day class is designed for those who have previously met the OSHA mandated training requirements of NFPA 70E and need to be re-certified. It is a concise review of the concepts and practices required for safe electrical work.
Who should attend…
Electricians, technicians, field-service personnel, supervisors and engineers responsible for employees who perform operation or maintenance work on electric utilization equipment, as well as others who may be considered “qualified persons” by OSHA
Attendees should have completed OSHA-mandated electrical safety training.
Course Length 1 day (8 contact hours)
Each open-enrollment student will receive a course text(copy of NFPA 70E available at an additional cost).
- Electrical hazards and safety procedures for work on metal-clad switchgear, substations, motor control centers and facility electrical systems
- Proper selection, maintenance and use of required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Energized and de-energized work policy and lockout/tagout (LOTO) requirements
- Safe use of portable electric equipment, including inspection and testing
- Review of OSHA Electrical Safety-Related Work Practice regulations (29CFR1910.331-.335) as well as Articles 110, 120 and 130 of the NFPA 70E