Shermco Training Store
Substation Maintenance 2 (Transformers and Relays)
About this course…
Whether it is a generator step-up or a distribution substation, it is the transformer that does all the work. This course is designed to introduce the design and operation of these large three phase transformers including how to test and maintain them for maximum reliability. It will also include how to test substation protective relays, how to interpret the results of those tests and how to properly maintain the relay components.
- Theory, construction and operation of three-phase power transformers
- How to interpret ratings and nameplate data
- Required testing and maintenance of dry-type and liquid-insulated power transformers in accordance with ANSI/NETA MTS
- How to perform electrical testing of power transformers and interpret test results
- Theory and operation of protective relays, including overcurrent, over/undervoltage and differential
- What tests and maintenance are typically performed on the protective relays in accordance with ANSI/NETA MTS
- How to interpret the test results
- How to download and distribute event files from Schweitzer (SEL)
- Hands-on (~40%) training program augmented with round-table discussions
Who should attend…
Managers and technicians responsible for testing and maintaining electrical substations.
Students should have basic electrical training, some field experience and basic knowledge of switchgear is highly recommended.
Course Length 4.5 days (36 contact hours)
Each open-enrollment student will receive a course text and a copy of the current ANSI/NETA MTS.
12/07/15, 05/09/16, 08/22/16, 12/05/16, Tomorrow